Imperial College London on Wednesday announced The biggest-ever scholarship program for Indians is launched at Imperial College London that aims to nurture the country’s most talented Master’s scholars over the next three years. Imperial College is a prestigious UK university and through this Future Leaders Scholarship program, they will support equal numbers of men and women scholars.
This announcement is made following the visit of Minister of Science and Technology Dr Jitendra Singh to the campus earlier this year.
Professor Peter Haynes
- “We are delighted to launch our biggest-ever scholarship program for Indian scientists, reaffirming our commitment to attract the very best students from all backgrounds and support them to flourish,” said Professor Peter Haynes, vice-provost (education and student experience) at Imperial College London.
- “The Future Leaders Scholarship will build a pathway for the most talented students in India to deepen their studies and expand their experiences at one of the world’s top universities,” he said.
- Apart from this, the university also signed a new partnership with the UK government’s Chevening Scholarships program which will provide funding for an additional three Master’s scholars from India over the next three years. Besides covering the full cost of tuition and living expenses, this scholarship is for those pursuing Master’s programs in engineering, natural sciences, business, and medical research.
- Professor Haynes, who is in India this week, added, “Our longstanding partnership with the prestigious Chevening Scholarships program is a vital collaboration that helps us to open the doors of opportunity to exceptional students from India.” The announcements came during a university team visit to the British Council in New Delhi, attended by alumni and prospective students.
- “As one of the top-ranking institutions in the world, Imperial’s new scholarships have created an opportunity for aspiring and talented young Indians to study in the UK and get access to world-class education,” said Alison Barrett MBE, Director India, British Council.
All students who have applied to study at Imperial College London and receive an offer to study by May 11, 2024, will be considered for the Future Leaders Scholarship. The deadline for this year’s Imperial College London’s Chevening Scholarship partnership applications is November 7.